Committee Notes 05/02/2019

Thank you all for such an fun year of Scouting!!!

We have our camping trip at Camp McNeill this weekend!

Summer Activities: 2nd Saturday of the month up on calendar! https://pack255.org/events/

June 8th 10:00am – 12:00pm :  Geocaching and splash pad at Hugh McRae

July:  Sharks Game – Still working with them to see if they’ll do Scout Night this year, if not, then we’ll tentatively attend the June 12th Home Game and I’ll get us some discounted tickets!

August 10th from 12:00pm – 2:00pm :  Bowling at Beach Bowl Cardinal Lanes on Market Street. Come out in Pack T-Shirt $5.00 Per person for 2 hours of bowling and 2 slices of pizza!!!

If you have any questions please let us know!

Committee Meeting 04/04/19

Playground is completely off limits.  After this weekend, the playground was left in terrible shape with balls all over the place and not put up.  Some were in trees. There were also some crude chalk drawings on the buildings. We do not believe our scouts were responsible as two of our parents saw nothing out of the ordinary when they left.  Hopefully next year we can revisit this decision and get our playground privileges back.

Pinewood Derby is done!  Let’s make it even better next year!!  Our concession stand made right around $100!!   Next year our goal to make $150 to cover the cost of the derby trophies.

1.What can we start doing that would make it better? More check in stations, other packs race after us? Or earlier than 12pm, shorter race times, give out trophies after each individual race to speed things up.

2.What can we stop doing that wasn’t good, or was ineffective?  

3.What can we continue doing that was great? Concession stand, awards

Upcoming Events

1.April 6th – District Pine Wood Derby Race :  starting at 8 a.m. at the New Hanover County Law Enforcement  Officers Association, 5301 Holly Shelter Road, Castle Hayne.

2.April 11th 7pm – Fire Station #8 Visit! Full Uniform

3.April 18th – Webelos are going to Cameron Arts Museum, other Dens will have normal meetings unless your leaders says otherwise.

4.April 25th – Honor Recognition Banquet (Cross over!)   We need volunteers to help with set up (be at church at 6 or little before)  We are having a pizza party!! Vote : surplus $$ to be used for a discount for all scouts on Resident Camp Fees, top popcorn sellers would have entire camping fees paid or A fun outing for the pack at the end of the season.  Parents voted for an end of year fun outing!!  PARENTS PAY $5 PER FAMILY FOR CROSSOVER PIZZA PARTY. Collect money over next two den meetings.

5.May 3rd/4th/5th – Resident Camp – Session II.  The Pack will be attending Session II. Please sign up as soon as you’re able!

6.May 9th – Last Pack Meeting!  Let’s do something fun, I’m thinking Ice Cream at Baskin Robbins, or something fun like mini-golf, maybe Pelicans on CB beach road ( they have free mini golf).   Parents what would you like to do?  Parents voted for Pelican’s and free mini golf at the Carolina Beach location or bowling.

7.Bike Rodeo – Bike Rodeo – May 18th – David’s putting this together and I believe we’ll be at UNCW this year

Parents:  What do we want to plan for summer time activities?  (2 to 3 outings) Bowling, Sharks game, geocaching and splash pad or swimming at Legion Stadium.

Committee Meeting notes 02/07/2019

1.RECHARTER!  Please see if you and Lacey can get folks to sign up for recharter then and there, we need to start getting some of the funds back into the scout account so we can pay for Advancement and Blue & Gold, etc.  Very Very Important. The pack covered the Recharter monies that were due. It is imperative we get caught up on all dues and recharter fees. Lacey is available to take payments in person by check or credit card.  The pack store at www.pack255.org is always open to accept credit/debit card payments!!

2.Training – Go to https://capefearcouncilbsa.org for more information

   COPE/Climbing Instructor Course Feb 15th-17th

   NRA Certification Two Weekends, first weekend is February 15th, second weekend is March 1st

  RangeMaster Training – February 16th (Devin will be there if anyone wants to carpool)

3.Pack Meeting! – Blue & Gold – February 14th! We will have a potluck!!  Whitney will come at 6 to set up, any parents who can come help with set up, please come at 6pm.  Thanks!!

Tigers: bottled water, silverware, napkins, plates and desserts

Wolves: sides and veggies

Bears: sides and veggies

Webelos 1 & 2:  Entrees

4.Arrow of Light Cross Over! – February 28th!  

We will have a Taco Bar Potluck!!  Den leaders: please coordinate with your dens to ensure parents are not bringing the same items.

Tigers: tortillas  (hard and soft) tortilla chips, beans and rice

Wolves: toppings

Bears: taco meat

Webelos 1 & 2: bottled water, silverware, napkins, plates and desserts

5.If anyone needs pine wood derby car see Devin, I’ve got some spares (For Scouts only, or $5.00 for parents who want to outlaw) Parents: build a car and race with the outlaws!!! It’s super fun ☺

Build Day 03/23/19  12-3pm at Windermere:   bring your Derby kit, we will have all the tools needed to cut and perfect your race car!Derby Day!!  03/30/2019   12-4 pm at Windermere

Committee Meeting 12/06/18

Wreaths Across America – December 15th 11:30am – 2:00pm

Where:  2011 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28403

Description:   Plan on meeting at the Temple Baptist Church parking lot and we’ll walk over to the cemetery. Please come in Full Uniform!

REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.

Pack meeting on the 13th – Pot Luck Christmas Party!!

Tigers:  sides

Wolves:  entrees

Bears:  entrees

Webelos:  sides

AOL:  desserts/bread

We would like everyone to please bring your own water to drink and take your bottle with you to recycle or reuse.

No Den Meetings Dec 27th

No Den Meetings Jan 3rd

Popcorn pickup this Friday – get out there and deliver, and get all money due!  All can go to Michelle and Rhoel’s house for popcorn pickup Sat from 1-8pm.   If you don’t have your money to turn in Saturday please have it to turn in at Pack meeting on the 13th!!

Popcorn money due to Council Jan 8th, so we’ll want to be sure we get that money to Rhoel and Michelle ASAP this year if possible.  

Total Popcorn sales:  $6,637.00 that averages out to around $300 per scout!!  Great job everyone!!

Thank you to all who helped with the Parade float and planning!!

Committee Meeting   11/01/18

 

Campout this weekend!! Please sign up via the email sent by Devin to get final head count for food purchasing.

 

Webelos in the Woods 11/16/18:  Please sign up if you are planning to go.  This will the boys’ first chance to camp at Bowers with the boy scouts and Webelos from other packs.  Scouts will get a special neckerchief!

 

Beach Sweep  11/10/18  10 am to 12 pm (ish)  Scouts who attend will get an award!

 

Popcorn Show N Sale  11/10/12  12-4pm Lowes Foods at Monkey Junction

 

Recruiting opportunity at Windermere 11/17/18 09:00am – 11:00am

 

Popcorn Show N Sale  11/24/18  10-4pm Lowes Foods at Monkey Junction

 

Pack Meeting next Thursday!!  We will have an awards ceremony and a Thanksgiving Potluck!  Please come in full uniform.

Tigers:  entrees

Wolves: entrees

Bears:  sides

Webelos:  desserts

Arrow of Light:  bread, water , utensils

 

Christmas Parade:   We are registered…more details to come!  We need to arrange dates to start work on the float, check on status of the trailer??  Katherine??

 

Hey all!

We’ll keep an eye on weather as we get closer to the date!  If we need to reschedule we’ll let you know as soon as possible!  If we have higher than a 50% chance of Thunderstorms we’ll have to reschedule to ensure we’re safe.

It’s going to be an awesome time!

Attached is a camping checklist as well as Forms A/B.

** Everyone, please fill out a new Physical A/B even if you already have one on file.  Fill out and bring to camp and give to Whitney and Brian.

Please also register here: http://whoozin.com/TDT-NFR-39GN  

With proper amount of guests so we know how many we’re cooking for!

Here is our camping plan and information:

When

Saturday, November 3rd @ 1015-1030 until Sunday morning @ 1030

Directions

Follow these directions to the last house and keep on going onto the dirt road.

2054 Moore Town Road, Rocky Point, NC 28457

https://goo.gl/maps/ZF3vohp3pHt

  1. Take 40 West
  2. Take Exit 408 – for Highway 210 East, turn right after off-ramp toward Hampstead
  3. Take a right onto Moore Town Rd
  4. Road will turn into a dirt road, keep following, you’ll see Dead End, then Pavement Ends signs
  5. You’ll see a power pole, get ready to park!
  6. After unloading gear park across the road off the track on a diagonal.

Camp Layout

  1. Keep the dens together, starting with the tigers closest to the cooking area.
  2. Tigers, then Wolves, then Bears, then Webelos will be toward the end and on the other side.
  3. Please see attached rough diagram of camping areas.
  4. Do your best to form a Square U with tent setup to allow a small den area.

What to Bring (Check Campout Checklist to be sure(attached))

  1. Uniform
  2. Tent
  3. Chairs
  4. Sleeping Bags
  5. Mess Kit
  6. Toilet paper
  7. Water bottles
  8. Layered clothing for the night time when it cools down
  9. Small snacks for your group while hiking

Menu

Saturday Lunch

  • Tacos!

Saturday Hiking Snack 

  • Trail Mix

Saturday Dinner

  • Spaghetti with Salad!

Saturday night snack

  • S’mores

Sunday Breakfast

  • Boiled Eggs and Banana

General schedule

Saturday

1000- 1200 – set up camp/start Lunch (Bears will be doing primary cooking, but all dens and family are welcome and encouraged to help!)

1200-1:00 – Lunch

1:00 – 4:00 – Den Programs

  • Hiking and outdoor adventures

4:00 – 5:00 – family time (set camp if not done in the morning)

5:00 – 6:30 – Dinner, camp fire prep

6:30 – til     – Camp Fire – snacks, skits, stories, songs…

We’ll also be doing a flag retirement ceremony toward the end of the camp fire.  Please understand this is a very serious event, so please be respectful.

** Parents – You all are also more than welcome to share stories or songs from your scouting experience, or life, for example a bear in the woods story.  Please just be sure that it is age appropriate for our Scouts.  Also – Please no politics.

Sunday

0700 – 0800 – Our Scout Worship Service and Breakfast

0800 – 0900 – Break Camp

0900 – 1030 – Conservation Project

1030 – Dismissal

Phone numbers of leaders

Tiger – Jeremy Ferris 540-810-0237
Wolf – Tom Gardner 910-233-5249
Wolf – Julia Tulloch 910-620-0354
Bear – David Wilson 910-262-6334
Bear – Elizabeth Pepper 910-471-5832
Bear – Ryan Stumbaugh 910-547-8540
Cub Master / Webelos – Devin Blakley 910-520-0739
Arrow of Light – Blue Francis 910-232-2194
Committee Chair – Whitney Olson 919-943-1471
Treasurer – Lacey Somech 910-617-3392

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reply back and we’ll get them answered!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

If you happen to need any camping gear, please reach out so we can ensure we have enough for everyone!

Thanks again!

680-001_AB

Individual Campout Checklist for Pack Overnighter

Welcome Den Chiefs!

 

  • Shane Rodi
  • Ashton Reece
  • Christopher Donelson
  • Nicholas Pollock
  • Miles Pollock

 

We’re glad to have you all aboard!  I’m currently checking with Council to see if there will be a Den Chief Training coming up soon, otherwise we’ll do the training.

Check back here frequently, this is the section where we’ll post all the Den Chief Information.

If you’d like to attend this Thursday please feel free to come and introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Sorry I got a late start on sending this out.
Homework before Thursday:
  1. Patrol – Think of 3 Animals they’d like to use as our patrol!  Remember – they’ll be making their own patrol flag, and we’ll have patrol patches.  The Black Panther seemed to be a popular one: Example patrol patch:
    image.png
  2. Pick 3 Electives they’d like to see us work on!  We’ll try to do as many as we can, but I definitely want to do the fun ones first if possible! – See attached list of possible electives, and then look through the Webelos Book for more information related to those electives.
image.png
Just let me know if you have any questions!
See you all Thursday!
Some other neat patrol patches to check out as well :
image.pngdragon
image.pnglightning
image.pngflaming arrow
image.pngshark
image.pngninja
image.pngraven
image.pngphoenix

Committee Meeting 10/04/18

 

Welcome Parents!!  

Popcorn:  Michelle and Rhoel will give a small presentation, we have show n sells on calendar ready to go!  Very very important, because this is our only fundraiser. We could possibly have a survival kit fund raiser as well with enough interest.

Updated Dates for Fall-Family Camp.  We do our own Fall Family Camp, however, anyone interested in going is welcome to go, $30.00 for every family member.  Session I – October 26-28, Session II – November 2-4, Session III – November 9-11

Beach Sweep –November 3rd…. I will be making awards for scouts who participate ☺

Webelos Woods – I’d like our Webelos to do this for sure November 16th – November 18th, $45 for scout, $15.00 for parent.  Webelos Woods is the first opportunity for Webelos Scouts to learn what Boy Scouting is all about. A weekend camping trip that introduces them to Boy Scout camping using the patrol method, in a Scout-led outdoor adventure, supervised by adult leaders, and with parents nearby.  This weekend event gives the Webelos a little taste of the independence and self-reliance they learn in Boy Scouts. Webelos Woods helps to earn their Arrow of Light and will also help them to cross-over to Boy Scouts.

We need to pick dates for our Pack Fall Family Camp at John Thomas Property.  We can pick any of the weekends in November, I’d suggest moving the beach sweep to November 3rd, and picking November 10th for our campout if that makes sense.  Let me know though. Otherwise we’ll end up in December for our Camp Out which isn’t bad (could be cold), but we’re doing another in January. We voted and agreed on November 10th.

Importance of Uniforms, Oath, Law.  Parents practice at home with your scouts!!

Get T-Shirt Orders going so we can order some more pack T-Shirts!  Zip up hoodies? Order your tshirts and we now have zip up hoodies for sale too!!  

How can we be less wasteful as a pack? Recycle at banquet dinners…..

Committee positions to be filled: Secretary, Event Coordinator, Christmas Float Committee (3 people) Jamie will be our secretary this year and take over the Committee Chair position next year.  Michelle still needs someone to volunteer for Popcorn kernel next year , and we still need Christmas float volunteers.

Paying Dues and other scouting fees…please utilize our website whenever possible to pay any pack related dues.  Also, include your scouts name on the transaction so we can post the money to the correct scout’s account.

Treasury Report:  Lacey (treasurer)   $370.00 is our starting balance for the year.