We’ll keep an eye on weather as we get closer to the date! If we need to reschedule we’ll let you know as soon as possible! If we have higher than a 50% chance of Thunderstorms we’ll have to reschedule to ensure we’re safe.
It’s going to be an awesome time!
Attached is a camping checklist as well as Forms A/B.
** Everyone, please fill out a new Physical A/B even if you already have one on file. Fill out and bring to camp and give to Whitney and Brian.
Please also register here: http://whoozin.com/TDT-NFR-39GN
With proper amount of guests so we know how many we’re cooking for!
Here is our camping plan and information:
Saturday, November 3rd @ 1015-1030 until Sunday morning @ 1030
Follow these directions to the last house and keep on going onto the dirt road.
2054 Moore Town Road, Rocky Point, NC 28457
- Take 40 West
- Take Exit 408 – for Highway 210 East, turn right after off-ramp toward Hampstead
- Take a right onto Moore Town Rd
- Road will turn into a dirt road, keep following, you’ll see Dead End, then Pavement Ends signs
- You’ll see a power pole, get ready to park!
- After unloading gear park across the road off the track on a diagonal.
- Keep the dens together, starting with the tigers closest to the cooking area.
- Tigers, then Wolves, then Bears, then Webelos will be toward the end and on the other side.
- Please see attached rough diagram of camping areas.
- Do your best to form a Square U with tent setup to allow a small den area.
What to Bring (Check Campout Checklist to be sure(attached))
- Sleeping Bags
- Mess Kit
- Toilet paper
- Water bottles
- Layered clothing for the night time when it cools down
- Small snacks for your group while hiking
Saturday Hiking Snack
- Trail Mix
- Spaghetti with Salad!
Saturday night snack
- Boiled Eggs and Banana
1000- 1200 – set up camp/start Lunch (Bears will be doing primary cooking, but all dens and family are welcome and encouraged to help!)
1200-1:00 – Lunch
1:00 – 4:00 – Den Programs
- Hiking and outdoor adventures
4:00 – 5:00 – family time (set camp if not done in the morning)
5:00 – 6:30 – Dinner, camp fire prep
6:30 – til – Camp Fire – snacks, skits, stories, songs…
We’ll also be doing a flag retirement ceremony toward the end of the camp fire. Please understand this is a very serious event, so please be respectful.
** Parents – You all are also more than welcome to share stories or songs from your scouting experience, or life, for example a bear in the woods story. Please just be sure that it is age appropriate for our Scouts. Also – Please no politics.
0700 – 0800 – Our Scout Worship Service and Breakfast
0800 – 0900 – Break Camp
0900 – 1030 – Conservation Project
1030 – Dismissal
Phone numbers of leaders
|Tiger – Jeremy Ferris||540-810-0237|
|Wolf – Tom Gardner||910-233-5249|
|Wolf – Julia Tulloch||910-620-0354|
|Bear – David Wilson||910-262-6334|
|Bear – Elizabeth Pepper||910-471-5832|
|Bear – Ryan Stumbaugh||910-547-8540|
|Cub Master / Webelos – Devin Blakley||910-520-0739|
|Arrow of Light – Blue Francis||910-232-2194|
|Committee Chair – Whitney Olson||919-943-1471|
|Treasurer – Lacey Somech||910-617-3392|
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reply back and we’ll get them answered!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
If you happen to need any camping gear, please reach out so we can ensure we have enough for everyone!
Normal Den meetings this Thursday!
Very Important: If you are not a tiger parent, please go to the committee meeting which will be held in the room across from the fellowship hall led by Whitney Olson!
Popcorn Sales start October 6th! Get ready to sell!
See you Thursday!
Scouts and Parents!